Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto won't update

I just updated to the mac os sierra and upon opening my computer again found that the iPhoto app wasn't working and was directed to the app store to install an update. When I press update a message comes up that says "this update is not available for this Apple ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled" but then a second message comes up that says " there was an error in the App Store. Please try again later. (,)" I have been able to update a different app since then so I don't understand what the problem is? Surely iPhoto came with the computer when I bought it?

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.3), recently updated to macOS Sierra

Posted on Mar 2, 2017 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2017 3:11 PM

Mac OS X 10.10.3 and newer include Photos, which is intended as a replacement for iPhoto and can import its library. If you'd like to go on using iPhoto in addition to or instead of switching to Photos, clickhereand try following the instructions; you'll only be able to do so if your computer shipped with 10.7 or newer.

(148758)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2017 3:11 PM in response to freya275

Mac OS X 10.10.3 and newer include Photos, which is intended as a replacement for iPhoto and can import its library. If you'd like to go on using iPhoto in addition to or instead of switching to Photos, clickhereand try following the instructions; you'll only be able to do so if your computer shipped with 10.7 or newer.

(148758)

iphoto won't update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.