Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to sync a left airpod and a right airpod?

Hi, i just recently got my long awaited airpods from the apple online store. But unfortunately my unit was defective. But only on the left airpod. So i apple sent me a replacement for the left airpod. Now my problem is that since the replacement left airpod is different and new, it is not paired with the right airpod and the case. How do i go about pairing both? I can easily pair each single airpod to my phone but i want both to pair simultaneously.

AIRPODS, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Mar 3, 2017 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2017 3:49 AM

If this happened to me, I would choose to "wipe the slate" of all memory of previous AirPods (including the well behaved right AirPod) and start all over with a pair.

On the iPhone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and look for AirPod(s). Click the "i" on the right and choose "Forget This Device". (If you cannot get to this option/these options, you might consider the more drastic Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings).

Then set up your new AirPod pair as if they were your first AirPods.

Use your AirPods - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2017 3:49 AM in response to donpd

If this happened to me, I would choose to "wipe the slate" of all memory of previous AirPods (including the well behaved right AirPod) and start all over with a pair.

On the iPhone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and look for AirPod(s). Click the "i" on the right and choose "Forget This Device". (If you cannot get to this option/these options, you might consider the more drastic Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings).

Then set up your new AirPod pair as if they were your first AirPods.

Use your AirPods - Apple Support

How to sync a left airpod and a right airpod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.