Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 Plus low volume on Bluetooth

I have an iPhone 7 Plus with iOS 10.2.1, and when I connect my device to my 2014 Nissan Altima, the audio is very low. My iPhone volume is maxed out and my car volume is all the way up to #30. I normally have my iPhone volume on midway and car volume on #17.

My music settings EQ is Off, Volume Limit is Off, Sound Check is also Off, I'm not using Facebook app, and my carrier already replaced my iPhone. I also tried re pairing, delete the profile and started over.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Posted on Mar 3, 2017 8:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2017 10:16 PM

Hello iRowel,
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand from your post that the audio is low when you connect your iPhone 7 to your car. I recommend verifying all system requirements are met and all settings are set up as suggested in the following article:

Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo - Apple Support

Best Regards.
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2017 10:16 PM in response to iRowel

Hello iRowel,
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand from your post that the audio is low when you connect your iPhone 7 to your car. I recommend verifying all system requirements are met and all settings are set up as suggested in the following article:

Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Mar 6, 2017 10:17 PM in response to iRowel

iRowel,

To determine if the issue is software related, the next step would be to back up your iPhone and restore the software. Once restored set the iPhone up as new and test it. If the issue is resolved then you can restore your backup file. If the issue returns after restoring your backup file, then the cause of the issue may be saved in the backup file and you will want to restore and set up your iPhone as new again. Then add your content back to the iPhone manually. The articles listed below will walk you through the process of backing up and restoring your iPhone:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings
Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup
Cheers.

Mar 4, 2017 4:45 PM in response to Alwayswantingtohelp1

I have no problem pairing my device to my car, and I tried above instruction but I'm still having the same problem. My car Bluetooth hardware is 4.1, and my iPhone Bluetooth shows 4.2. If I connect my blackberry z10, I have no problem pairing and audio is normal (normal meaning, my BB Z10 volume on half way and car volume on #17).

I also turn on and off the mono audio and it seems to improve a bit when it's on.

I don't know if this is an iOS bug issue but I had no problem on iOS 10.1.1

Mar 6, 2017 10:25 PM in response to chris_g1

I appreciate your help.

I tried above instructions, and still not resolved. I also reset and fresh start new when I got my iPhone replaced.

When I got my new replacement, I log out of find my iPhone, removed device from iTunes/iCloud, deleted backups from PC, manually entered my contacts, etc...and still not fixed.

I had my friend iPhone 7 plus (gsm), paired to my car and volume was normal (normal meaning, iPhones volume on half way, and my car volume on #17).

iPhone 7 Plus low volume on Bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.