Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

resize photos in "Photos"

Hi All

is there any way to resize pictures once they're in 'Photos'?

I have thousands of site pictures for work that simply don't need to be 3300 pixels wide.

I'm sure it must be possible?

If I could batch re-size (pixel dimension) them by 50% that would be useful.

ta

G

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Mar 4, 2017 7:17 AM

10 replies

Mar 4, 2017 7:45 AM in response to granger morton

Photos is always protecting the original high resolution image file for a lossless workflow. So it has now command to reduce the resolution in Photos.

If you want to downsize a photo or a batch of photos, use "File > Export" to export them as smaller files. Then delete the versions in Photos and reimport the smaller copies.

Use File > Export > Export ... photos", and then select a smaller size in the Export panel. You may need to reveal the advanced size options by clicking the down arrow to the right of "JPEG".

User uploaded file

Mar 4, 2017 9:24 AM in response to granger morton

User albums (you can easily see this by looking at one) allow photos to be sorted by photo date ascending or descending or by photo title

With Photos you can find photos by pretty much any possible method - by date imported, by date the photo was taken, by the location the photo was taken or by the people in the photo and by photo type (Video, sloMo, etc) - and you can also create user albums for any custom need you have

LN

resize photos in "Photos"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.