Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchase Older Version of Logic Pro X?

I've started working with a client who uses Logic Pro X, and I would like to purchase Logic so that sharing files and sessions is easier. I know that I can purchase Logic 10.3 from the app store, but I'm not willing to update my OS to 10.11 for this version. Is there a way to purchase 10.2, or any version prior to 10.3?

Based off of other apps and what I've read, I'm not getting my hopes up, but I want to make an honest effort at obtaining Logic X through ethical means.

Thanks!

OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), 500GB SSD, 16GB RAM

Posted on Mar 4, 2017 1:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2017 4:11 PM

Update: I purchased Logic X today from the App Store, and I was able to download an earlier version (10.2.4).

It involved a little bit of a work around, as I had to purchase it on a computer running the minimum OS requirements (OS X 10.11), but after opening the app store on my computer (running 10.10.5), the download in my Purchased section gave me the option to download and install the latest compatible version, which in this case is 10.2.4.

Interesting to note however, that numerous support inquiries sent to support received no response. At least it works!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2017 4:11 PM in response to Beatzero

Update: I purchased Logic X today from the App Store, and I was able to download an earlier version (10.2.4).

It involved a little bit of a work around, as I had to purchase it on a computer running the minimum OS requirements (OS X 10.11), but after opening the app store on my computer (running 10.10.5), the download in my Purchased section gave me the option to download and install the latest compatible version, which in this case is 10.2.4.

Interesting to note however, that numerous support inquiries sent to support received no response. At least it works!

Mar 4, 2017 4:00 PM in response to Beatzero

Not directly; you may be able to download an older version of an application by getting the current one and then trying to redownload it on a computer running an earlier OS.

If needed, you can temporarily install El Capitan or Sierra onto a second partition or external drive.

(148829)

Mar 18, 2017 3:13 PM in response to Niel

I wouldn't be opposed to purchasing the newest version if it gave me access to the older versions, but is there any confirmation that this would work? I know that traditionally in the music software world, this usually isn't the case, and if it's anything like Apple's operating system downloads, I doubt this would work.

Mar 18, 2017 11:38 PM in response to Beatzero

I just did that, to troubleshoot my low latency problems. Went to my past purchases in the Mac App Store and installed Logic Pro X.

On 10.9, I got Logic 10.0.x (I don't remember the minor version). After I upgraded to 10.10, I was offered Logic 10.2.2. You need to be on macOS 10.11 or 10.12 to be offered Logic 10.3 from the App Store.

Purchase Older Version of Logic Pro X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.