Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 plus suddenly won't update or download apps

My iPhone 6 plus recently stopped updating/downloading apps. It's a 128gb memory, and I'm only using half of that. I've backed the phone up on my computer. It's running the latest operating system. Last night, my husband called TMobile and they had him Reset Network Settings. About half of the apps in the queue updated at that point. Tried to do the same Reset this morning but it hasn't helped this time. Tmobile connected us with an Apple Care person, who had me do yet another soft and hard reset. I've deleted all apps that were currently trying to update (and a couple others). Now it won't download them back to the phone either. I've logged out and back into my iTunes apple account.

What now??

Posted on Mar 7, 2017 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2017 12:51 PM

Check Settings > General > Restrictions > and make sure that the iTunes Store, Installing Apps, Deleting Apps, and In-App Purchases are all under the Allow section.

Since a forced restart did not help try a System Restore. First backup your device using iTunes. Also import your photos to your computer and copy all important data. Try restoring as New first and testing it. If it works then try restoring the backup and test it again. The backup could be corrupted. Here are the steps for a Restore:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2017 12:51 PM in response to jjsmith90

Check Settings > General > Restrictions > and make sure that the iTunes Store, Installing Apps, Deleting Apps, and In-App Purchases are all under the Allow section.

Since a forced restart did not help try a System Restore. First backup your device using iTunes. Also import your photos to your computer and copy all important data. Try restoring as New first and testing it. If it works then try restoring the backup and test it again. The backup could be corrupted. Here are the steps for a Restore:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

Oct 2, 2017 1:22 PM in response to rdwmpls

rdwmpls,

You're a genius. This is precisely what is causing apps not to update. I had a long list of apps that had no available updates for the new iOS 11.0.1 and therefore caused a block up. I only had to delete two of them for my needed updates to complete. Some of the apps where probably abandoned by the developer and would never "get fixed" for the new iOS updates. Might as well trash them now. Thanks.

iphone 6 plus suddenly won't update or download apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.