You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone cellular data usage not working correctly iOS 10

I recently got a new iPhone 7 and I have been loving it so far. However I've ran into a couple bugs. My last phone was an iPhone 6 running iOS 9.3.1... And it didn't have this problem. Whenever I go into the "cellular" section on my iPhone 7 nothing seems to really work. It doesn't record data when I use an app over cellular, and no new apps show up when I use that app on data. It also seems to reset statistics every time I turn on my phone in the morning by itself. This is very odd and this feature was crucial as I am on a tight data plan. If there is a fix for this please help me out. Thank you in advance.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Mar 7, 2017 4:19 PM

2 replies

May 1, 2017 7:40 PM in response to _EightyHD

Hopped on with Apple Support today and sort of got a fix, albeit a very tedious and time consuming one.

Below are the various troubleshoots that the rep took me through ranging from par for the course and "I'm desperate":

1. Turn off Cellular Data, restart your phone (hold Home and Lock together), Turn on Cellular Data

2. Create a backup of your iPhone with iTunes, then Navigate to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

3. Create a backup of your iPhone, make sure iTunes is up to date on your computer, go to the main screen for your device in iTunes and click Restore iPhone (this will re-install the OS and also erase all your data), set up as a new iPhone when prompted, check to see if the issue persists, if it doesn't, you can try to restore your back-up. If the issue persists after your back-up then you may have some corrupted files there.

4. Sync all of your photos, contacts, calendar, etc. (any data you would like to get back onto your phone; some apps like WhatsApp also have an option to back-up chat history) to iCloud, go to the main screen for your device in iTunes and click Restore iPhone (this will re-install the OS and also erase all your data), set up as a new iPhone when prompted, retrieve and sync all of your photos, contacts, calendar, etc. from iCloud. Unfortunately, you will have to manually download and install your apps.

It took me to #4 to fix the issue. Long tedious process but better fixed then blowing through all my data and not being able to do anything about it!

iPhone cellular data usage not working correctly iOS 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.