Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dock Disappears in Google Chrome

The dock disappears in Google Chrome. I want it to stay visible. It stays visible in Safari, but I don't use Safari. I want it visible at all times. In the System Preferences, I have "unchecked" the auto-hide feature (which is why, except for Google Chrome) the dock is visible - but I need it visible in Google Chrome as sometimes the dock is not responsive to moving the cursor at the bottom of the page. Please help.

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.3)

Posted on Mar 8, 2017 7:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2017 2:22 PM

For the same reasons as you, I like having dock available all the time (menu bar too). So for last 2 hours been trying to figure this problem out myself--tried lots and stuff and nothing worked. UNTIL I stumbled upon this fix.

With chrome open to a webpage

Click on "green" round button

Page should become smaller

Now move cursor down to the side of website page

Double headed arrow should appear

Use arrow to drag and expand page

do this on both sides of page

This should allow you to have the page at what I call "full" size (not what mac calls full page), but still have dock and menu bar present.

Hope this helps. Don't meant to be overly pedantic with my instructions, but want to make sure you understand what I'm saying.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2017 2:22 PM in response to OPUS Digital Audio

For the same reasons as you, I like having dock available all the time (menu bar too). So for last 2 hours been trying to figure this problem out myself--tried lots and stuff and nothing worked. UNTIL I stumbled upon this fix.

With chrome open to a webpage

Click on "green" round button

Page should become smaller

Now move cursor down to the side of website page

Double headed arrow should appear

Use arrow to drag and expand page

do this on both sides of page

This should allow you to have the page at what I call "full" size (not what mac calls full page), but still have dock and menu bar present.

Hope this helps. Don't meant to be overly pedantic with my instructions, but want to make sure you understand what I'm saying.

Mar 8, 2017 7:57 AM in response to OPUS Digital Audio

The Dock disappears whenever a an application is used in full screen.

If you do not see the menu bar atop your chrome browser (or any other application), you are running in full screen mode.

To get out of it, move your cursor to the top, so the menu bar appears; then click the green button.

Edit: and, if you don't mind my asking, why do you want the Dock visible at all times? You know that you can make it appear as needed just by moving the cursor there, don't you?

Mar 8, 2017 8:25 AM in response to OPUS Digital Audio

I have just told you how, but I will repeat myself: in fullscreen mode, you do not see the MENU BAR: Apple, File, Edit, View, etc.

Fullscreen Safari (I don't have Chrome, but this is the same for ANY application): at the very top of your screen you see the top of your window:

User uploaded file

NONFullscreen Safari (again, like any other): you see the Menu Bar (your may be whitish with dark text instead; I am using the "Dark" mode)

User uploaded file

When you are in Fullscreen, move your cursor to the very top, and THEN the menu bar appears; and so do buttons on the top left of your window. Click the GREEN button to get out of Fullscreen mode.

Mar 8, 2017 8:15 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

How do I check if I am in FULL SCREEN mode? I "DO" see my [Apps/Bookmarks/Etc] at the top of the screen. It is the MAC DOCK at the bottom of the page that is disappearing - even though I have unchecked in the System Preferences/Dock - for it to REMAIN VISIBLE. It does - except when I'm in Chrome - which is basically all day. To answer your question about why I want it visible at all times is because the cursor doesn't always bring it up - and I have to juggle it up and down to do it every time. It slows me down - I need immediate access.

Dock Disappears in Google Chrome

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.