Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will deleting my music app from my phone affect my iPod?

Okay, so I'm running out of room on my phone and my music is what's taking most of the room, so I ordered an iPod on amazon. If I download the music onto the iPod and delete the music app on my phone, will it delete the music app on my iPod as well? I don't know if this is a stupid question or not, I just don't want to delete the music app on my phone when I get everything downloaded on the iPod and then find that it deleted my music app on there too.

Posted on Mar 8, 2017 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2017 12:15 PM

No need to delete the app on the phone. Just uncheck music when you have it plugged in and resync. All your music will be deleted. Alternatively, you can, on the phone, go to Setting > General > Storage and iCloud Usage and tap Manage Storage under Storage. Tap Music and you'll see an Edit at the top right. Tap All Songs then Delete. All your music will be deleted from the device. Then make sure you're not syncing any music in iTunes and you're done.

And no, deleting music from your iPhone doesn't delete it from your iPod. As long as it's in the cloud or physically in your library, it be added back to your phone if you so choose.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2017 12:15 PM in response to Eminem_1821

No need to delete the app on the phone. Just uncheck music when you have it plugged in and resync. All your music will be deleted. Alternatively, you can, on the phone, go to Setting > General > Storage and iCloud Usage and tap Manage Storage under Storage. Tap Music and you'll see an Edit at the top right. Tap All Songs then Delete. All your music will be deleted from the device. Then make sure you're not syncing any music in iTunes and you're done.

And no, deleting music from your iPhone doesn't delete it from your iPod. As long as it's in the cloud or physically in your library, it be added back to your phone if you so choose.

Will deleting my music app from my phone affect my iPod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.