Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Word for ipad - cannot restore earlier version

I have the free version of Word installed on my iPad and this is linked to a Onedrive account. Until recently, I could select Restore from the pulldown menu in a Word document, then select View Version History On Line. This would open up a screen showing a list of all the earlier versions of the document, and it was then possible to open one of these versions. Now, all I get is a number of screens flashing up and ending with a view of the latest version of the document with a sign at the top saying "return to Word". There is no list of the earlier versions.

I do not know if the problem is with Word, Onedrive or my iPad. It feels like it is some setting that has changed - any suggestions would be welcomed.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Mar 9, 2017 6:45 AM

2 replies

Mar 9, 2017 2:41 PM in response to Demo

The "Restore to Last Opened" option is greyed out and selecting the "View Version History Online" option flashes onto Onedrive and then opens the document in what seems to be some sort of Preview pane which displays the whole document but has no editing tools. The top of this document is shown in the second attachment to this post.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Word for ipad - cannot restore earlier version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.