Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i unsync my photos ?

I've been trying to out my photos from my iPhone one to my MacBook whilst doing so i synced part of my photos. now on my phone it has duplicated some of my videos , and the extra copy won't delete . There aren't any icons at the bottom besides the one that lets you share things . so how do i get rid of the pictures that won't delete ?

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Mar 9, 2017 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2017 1:28 PM

Sync with iTunes again but use the following instructions from https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201313

If you don't want the synced photos on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch anymore, turn off syncing in iTunes and they'll be removed from your device. You can turn off syncing for some of your photo albums or all of them at once.

Stop syncing some albums

1. Open iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. Click on the device icon in iTunes.
  3. Click Photos.
  4. Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections that you want to stop syncing.
  5. Click Apply.

Stop syncing all photos

3. Click Photos.
  4. Deselect "Sync Photos" then click "Remove photos."
  5. Click Apply.

Learn how to delete photos and videos synced from iTunes when you can't access the originals.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2017 1:28 PM in response to JadaFromLondon

Sync with iTunes again but use the following instructions from https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201313

If you don't want the synced photos on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch anymore, turn off syncing in iTunes and they'll be removed from your device. You can turn off syncing for some of your photo albums or all of them at once.

Stop syncing some albums

3. Click Photos.
  4. Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections that you want to stop syncing.
  5. Click Apply.

Stop syncing all photos

3. Click Photos.
  4. Deselect "Sync Photos" then click "Remove photos."
  5. Click Apply.

Learn how to delete photos and videos synced from iTunes when you can't access the originals.

how do i unsync my photos ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.