Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Constantly getting logged out of apps

I have an iPhone 7 plus 128gb and recently my apps are logging me out or are forgetting settings. Weather, email, voice mail, Instagram, Google Photos etc. I haven't noticed a pattern with this, it's just after a while I need to put in my credentials or settings again. This is extremely annoying. I have tons of space free (80gigs) on the phone, about 2gb free on iCloud. I've been rebooting the phone periodically thinking that might help but it doesn't.

Any ideas?? I would rather not have to wipe the phone but I'm getting there if this continues..

Sean

Posted on Mar 10, 2017 7:57 AM

11 replies

Mar 11, 2017 7:00 AM in response to sheitmar

Hello sheitmar,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that a few apps on your iPhone sign out or revert back to default settings intermittently. I can surely see how having to repeatedly change settings can be concerning. I've got a few steps I'd like you to try.

First, check to see if there is a profile installed on your phone that may be periodically resetting these apps:

Profiles settings​

You can see the profiles you have installed in Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management. If you delete a profile, all of the settings, apps, and data associated with the profile are also deleted.

If the issue persists, reinstall iOS with iTunes. This can address possible software issues. When reinstalling iOS, iTunes will completely remove the current software and install a fresh updated version. iTunes will try to do this without removing content. If you don't have a recent backup, I suggest backing up before trying this step.
How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Once you've successfully backed up, follow the steps in the link below to reinstall iOS with iTunes:
If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Have a great day!

May 11, 2017 11:06 AM in response to JustinMacMahan

JustinMacMahan wrote:

I'm having the same problem and I'm really glad that the one response in this thread suggests using a setting that isn't even located where he said it is. Clearly copying a scripted message that no longer applies. Very helpful Apple

The setting jameson referenced only shows if you have a profile actually installed. If you don't have one, that setting simply doesn't exist.

Constantly getting logged out of apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.