Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Receiving apple care warning of viruses

Receiving apple care warning of viruses in new macbook pro. Wondering if it is a legitimate warning to click on the scan now button. The warning is shown below:

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Mar 10, 2017 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2017 9:33 AM

Hi,

If Apple is doing this, it is the first I've ever heard of it. They build fixes into their security updates. I absolutely would not click on it.

If you're still in doubt, contact Apple to ask them: https://support.apple.com/contact

6 replies

Dec 3, 2017 2:11 AM in response to JayKea

Hi, I had this screen pop up screen last night 2nd Nov 2017. Immediately suspicious screen looked genuine, but web address bar numbers only and a 2 minute countdown, not an Apple sort of thing so force quit Safari and closed down my Mac Book, reopened later and checked various programmes and documents and all OK, obviously a scam. Be aware it seems to have relaunched since episodes earlier in the year. Suggestion to everyone use Time Machine and a separate hard drive to keep everything backed up regularly.

Receiving apple care warning of viruses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.