Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music playback when adding songs to library

With Apple Music's own playlists getting better and better, I find myself adding songs from their picks directly to my own library. As an example, save a playlist in iTunes and it will appear on the sidebar under a section titled "Apple Music Playlists." I usually hit shuffle all at the top right and then as I hear a song I like, I add it to my library. After it takes a second to add it, all music playback stops and the song I thought was worth saving just stops however far I was into it. I can usually tell if a songs worth saving close to halfway through, so this sudden stop happens quite often. It's a small issue, but I think it's still an issue that could be addressed somehow in updates to iTunes the application or the backend services that deal with the applicable processes for this specific situation. It doesn't occur when adding songs from Apple's best of the week lists or other such lists. If indeed this is a problem with other users, I should think that there's either a fix I'm missing or it's an issue that multiple people have run into that should be fixed by Apple. All software that I am using is up to date as of March 10, 2017. (iTunes 12.5.5.5 on MacOS 10.12.3)

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12.3), 15 inch Base. Mid 2015 model

Posted on Mar 10, 2017 3:14 PM

1 reply

Music playback when adding songs to library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.