Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remove data from apple watch

I forgot to stop a workout on my apple watch and it continued to clock up for 24 hours. I have removed the workout from the health app, but both the calories and the minutes still show as my current record on the activity app on the watch - I have now chance of beating these, any idea's on how to remove the data from the activity app without deleting all my data?

Thanks

Apple Watch, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Mar 11, 2017 4:01 AM

1 reply

Mar 11, 2017 4:26 AM in response to claire.l.

Something you could try which might work would be the following.

This is all depending on how long ago the extra 24 hours of information was saved by the Apple Watch.

1. Unpair the Apple Watch from the iPhone which will create a current backup from today and erase all contents from the Apple Watch.

2. Set up the Apple Watch and restore the Apple Watch from a backup that dates before the 24 hour exercise.

Now from memory as it's been a while with restoring my Apple Watch the iPhone Apple Watch app gives a few backups to choose from to restore the Apple Watch.

Worse case scenario you have to restore the Apple Watch with today's backup which means you are back where you started.

A couple of links below to Apple Support articles about Apple Watch backups and restoring.

Back up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

remove data from apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.