Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photo slideshow doesn't work on apple TV

When I select it photo on apple TV and choose share / play slide shows only play 8 photos and automatically stop

this folder have 2000 thousand photos.

any solution?

appreciate

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Mar 11, 2017 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2017 1:21 PM

Good afternoon pucha12,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

I understand you are unable to play a slideshow from a folder with 2000 photos on your Apple TV. Just to confirm, are these the steps you are following to do this?

Apple TV User Guide - Create a Slideshow

Create a slideshow

You can view your shared photos and albums as a slideshow on Apple TV.

Create a slideshow. In Shared, select an album or Photo Stream in My Albums, then select Play Slideshow. Select the slideshow settings you want, then select Start Slideshow.

Set slideshow settings. Before you start the slideshow, you can adjust the following settings:

• Shuffle Photos: Turn on to show your photos in random order.

• Repeat Photos: Turn on to play the slideshow continuously.

• Theme: Select a slideshow theme to apply a different style to your slideshow.

• Time Per Slide: Select how long to display each photo on the screen.

• Transition: Select the transition effect used between photos.

If these are the steps you are following, what happens if you try a different folder?

Please provide a little more information about your issue and we'll investigate further with you.

Cheers!
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2017 1:21 PM in response to pucha12

Good afternoon pucha12,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

I understand you are unable to play a slideshow from a folder with 2000 photos on your Apple TV. Just to confirm, are these the steps you are following to do this?

Apple TV User Guide - Create a Slideshow

Create a slideshow

You can view your shared photos and albums as a slideshow on Apple TV.

Create a slideshow. In Shared, select an album or Photo Stream in My Albums, then select Play Slideshow. Select the slideshow settings you want, then select Start Slideshow.

Set slideshow settings. Before you start the slideshow, you can adjust the following settings:

If these are the steps you are following, what happens if you try a different folder?

Please provide a little more information about your issue and we'll investigate further with you.

Cheers!

Mar 15, 2017 9:14 AM in response to Leanne_68

Thank you for your help I followed those step:

Mar 16, 2017 12:15 PM in response to sterling r

I followed the steps I received by e-mail and the photo slideshow start working ok on Apple TV

one of my problem before was: Repeat Photos was OF

Mar 16, 2017 10:59 AM in response to pucha12

Hi pucha12,

Thanks for your reply, but I'm still a little unclear -- are these the steps you tried previously with the folder with 2000 images? If so, did you try a different folder?

Or,

You followed these steps and are successfully looking at your photos on your Apple TV now?

Please reply if you need additional help with this issue.

Have a great day!

photo slideshow doesn't work on apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.