Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recently Added- Apple Music Showing older music on Mac

Hi does anyone know why on my mac i can see older songs/songs that were added a long time ago appearing in the "recently Added" Section along with new/Recently Added songs

Shouldnt this section just show new songs/Recently Added songs. This is the way it shows this section on iOS (Older songs from about 3 4 years ago dont show like they do on macOS)

Any Help Would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

You can see the recently added goes back to 2007 on the mac but this section is mean to be for recent songs to ones added 10 years ago etc

You can see on iOS it doesnt show songs from 2007 but instead Recently added songs as what this section is meant to do

Thanks

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), macOS Sierra (10.12.2)

Posted on Mar 11, 2017 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2017 5:58 AM

Have you recently added Apple Music playlists with songs from these albums? Even though the songs may have been in your library for years, for some reason – and with only some songs! – if you add an Apple Music curated playlist that contains something you own, it may – but not always! – act like you just added the whole album to your iTunes library. This happens to me all the time and it is infuriating. It's clearly a bug, so hopefully they are working on correcting it.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2017 5:58 AM in response to MichealCollins

Have you recently added Apple Music playlists with songs from these albums? Even though the songs may have been in your library for years, for some reason – and with only some songs! – if you add an Apple Music curated playlist that contains something you own, it may – but not always! – act like you just added the whole album to your iTunes library. This happens to me all the time and it is infuriating. It's clearly a bug, so hopefully they are working on correcting it.

Recently Added- Apple Music Showing older music on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.