Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 2 won't turn on or charge

Hi,

After during a swim today my Apple Watch froze mid work out and then turned itself off. I had the swim app open prior to starting so assume water lock will have been on.

My watch will now not turn on, charge or force restart. It is basically dead. Please help as I require my watch for training and already inconvenienced as it failed to monitor and log my season today.

Regards,

Tom

Posted on Mar 12, 2017 7:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2017 9:33 AM

Hi

As force restarting your watch has not helped, try charging your watch again for around 2 hours, making sure that you follow the charging instructions here:

Check your battery and charge your Apple Watch - Apple Support

After that time, if it has not already restarted automatically, remove it from the charger and:

• Try restarting it (by pressing and holding the side button until you see the Apple logo).
  • If necessary, next try force restarting it again.

If the issue persists, contact Apple Support, make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

Apple Watch Service Answer Center - Apple Support

More information:

If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2017 9:33 AM in response to Tom171083

Hi

As force restarting your watch has not helped, try charging your watch again for around 2 hours, making sure that you follow the charging instructions here:

Check your battery and charge your Apple Watch - Apple Support

After that time, if it has not already restarted automatically, remove it from the charger and:

• Try restarting it (by pressing and holding the side button until you see the Apple logo).
  • If necessary, next try force restarting it again.

If the issue persists, contact Apple Support, make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

Apple Watch Service Answer Center - Apple Support

More information:

If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support

Apr 4, 2017 5:48 PM in response to Jonathan UK

I had the same thing happen today.

Thinking it was a battery issues, I put it in the charger and after 15 min it got VERY hot.

After 5+ tries, it finally restarted. I got a glimpse of the workout STILL in session but, the screen was unresponsive. The crown worked well. Force restarted it again and just stayed in the apple logo screen until it shut off.

After 30 min in the charger: It's very hot and it will not force restart. And it's not even a week old!

Thoughts?

Apple Watch 2 won't turn on or charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.