Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes says I've never backed up. Why?

I have a 6+ with 64 GB of storage. I back up to my MacBook Pro & iCloud.

I just backed up to iCloud, but iTunes says, "Your iPhone has never been backed up to iCloud."

On the line below that, iTunes says, "Today 5:51 pm to this computer."

Why do I have these two conflicting pieces of information?

And now one other thing. The backups to my Mac also seem to have a problem now. I got an alert saying that the backup was corrupted.

User uploaded file

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 10.0.2, 64 GB, Sprint

Posted on Mar 12, 2017 3:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2017 3:32 PM

Hey Nick,

The reason that you could be having this issue is conflicting Apple I.D's. If the Apple ID you use for iCloud is different or not associated with the Apple ID that you use for purchases from iTunes and the App Store then they could be saying different things.

now to your second question, I would look at all the back ups you have to your iTunes and delete them. and attempt to back

iTunes> preferences>devices>select back up and delete.

if after you back up from there and still get the same issue, I would see if theres updates available for your iTunes and or computer .

also what computer do you have

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2017 3:32 PM in response to Nicky McCatty

Hey Nick,

The reason that you could be having this issue is conflicting Apple I.D's. If the Apple ID you use for iCloud is different or not associated with the Apple ID that you use for purchases from iTunes and the App Store then they could be saying different things.

now to your second question, I would look at all the back ups you have to your iTunes and delete them. and attempt to back

iTunes> preferences>devices>select back up and delete.

if after you back up from there and still get the same issue, I would see if theres updates available for your iTunes and or computer .

also what computer do you have

iTunes says I've never backed up. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.