Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How long will apple update the iPhone 5S

Hi guys! I got an iPhone 5s recently, but I am worried that the Apple will stop updating it's iOS...

Is iPhone 5s still worth in 2017???

iPhone 5s

Posted on Mar 13, 2017 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2017 12:34 PM

The iPhone 5s is currently able run the most up to date iOS version, and should be able to do so, for maybe a couple more years.

Beyond that, there is no way to know when a device will stop being supported. Even Apple cannot tell you ahead of time. Only once a new iOS version has been developed and tested on devices can they know whether a specific one cannot run it correctly or at all. As it is, it is currently supported, and should be for the foreseeable near future.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2017 12:34 PM in response to Sadra@Google

The iPhone 5s is currently able run the most up to date iOS version, and should be able to do so, for maybe a couple more years.

Beyond that, there is no way to know when a device will stop being supported. Even Apple cannot tell you ahead of time. Only once a new iOS version has been developed and tested on devices can they know whether a specific one cannot run it correctly or at all. As it is, it is currently supported, and should be for the foreseeable near future.

Oct 7, 2017 10:30 PM in response to Sadra@Google

I don’t really have an answer, as they will know if it goes too slow or not. But I’ve noticed a pattern for Apple. Every 2 they tend to cut off at least a group of devices with the same hardware. Lately, it’s been a bit different with the iPhone 4beinf in iOS 7 and the iPod even though they have the same processor. So my guess is the iPhone 5s will be discontinued on iOS 14 if there is going to be one. I have an iPad mini 2 on iOS 11 and it’s a bit slow, but the benchmarks way better than the A6 chip. So if I were you, I wouldnot really worry about this until iOS12 or 13.

How long will apple update the iPhone 5S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.