Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete phantom photos and videos from my iPhone ?

My photo library is empty and my storage says that i have 3GB of photos and videos. I searched answers on the web, ( change date, restore Icloud ) but none of them works. I'm actually running IOS 10.2.1 on an iPhone 6s.

Please help me

Posted on Mar 13, 2017 3:34 PM

4 replies

Mar 13, 2017 3:39 PM in response to Youssef Sebati

Hi!

Have you tried checking your recently deleted photos? Photos on the iPhone stores deleted photos for about 40 days before actually deleting them fully. You can find the recently deleted photos in the photos app under Albums. There should be an album called Recently Deleted. If you have not already, try deleting the photos in that album. They might be hogging space.

How to delete phantom photos and videos from my iPhone ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.