Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rebooting your iPhone!

Can anyone tell me that how often should we restart our iPhone's?

like i restart my iPhone once a week.

So after how many days it's good to restart your iPhone to keep battery healthy and iPhone running smoothly?

Posted on Mar 14, 2017 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2017 9:35 AM

Doesn't charging your iPhone while it's off charges faster and keep battery healthy?

because when i charge my iPhone while it's off it produces less heat as compared to charging while turned on?

What you will say on this?

does this actually matter for battery health?

6 replies

Mar 14, 2017 9:39 AM in response to frankie•

frankie• wrote:

Doesn't charging your iPhone while it's off charges faster and keep battery healthy?

because when i charge my iPhone while it's off it produces less heat as compared to charging while turned on?

What you will say on this?

does this actually matter for battery health?

No, it does not matter at all. And since my iPhone is my only telephone, I would be highly annoyed if I needed to turn it off just to plug it in and charge the battery.

Mar 14, 2017 9:32 AM in response to frankie•

There is no need to restart your phone unless you are doing so for some troubleshooting purpose.

I almost never shut down or restart my iPhone or my iPad Air 2. The only exception to this routine is when I FaceTime with my son every other Sunday. I shut off the phone and the iPad simply so that three devices (we chat on My Mac) aren't ringing at the same time when his call comes in. It's not necessary to do that, but its a habit I have gotten into.

Rebooting your iPhone!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.