Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 7 plus crashed my wifi and internet

6 weeks ago I purchased a Iphone 7 plus and everytime i connect to the wifi at my house (it does connect), it crashed my internet.

When i meant crash - literally, the internet goes down. Nothing works, server doesn't respond anytime, did ping test, router test, speed test (can barely load the page). NOTHING WORKS, it is as if my internet is just down, slow and ******. My Macbook Air will then have problem staying connected to the internet, every 5 minute it drops and reconnects.

But, once i disabled wifi on my iphone 7plus and stay on data, the internet in my house connects in seconds and everything works fine, speed is back to 20mbps, all device is smooth and up and running.

Why is this happening and how do i fix this?

I've called my internet provider to troubleshoot and all, even changed router and cables. Still, nothing works.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Mar 15, 2017 1:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2017 1:49 AM

You could try the following steps from a Apple Support article which is to reset the Network Settings on your iPhone.

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Then log back in to your WiFi network and test.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2017 1:49 AM in response to caziorine

You could try the following steps from a Apple Support article which is to reset the Network Settings on your iPhone.

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Then log back in to your WiFi network and test.

Mar 22, 2017 3:27 PM in response to caziorine

OK! I found the solution to this same problem I was having with my network and 7+. I run a seasonal business and I got my new 7+ back in December. I just started back in my office this week and every time I tried to connect my 7+ to the wifi it would kick all devices from the network and wouldn't allow a connection for about a minute. I spent well over an hour on the phone with my ISP about how I thought it may be a network modem/wifirouter issue. Finally we changed the security settings on the router to just WEP and it cured my issues, at least it seems for now. So far(the last hour) it hasn't crashed the router! So basically he said apparently it didn't like the WPA security and so we removed it! TADA! it now works!

Iphone 7 plus crashed my wifi and internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.