Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fake email from apple

Received below email claiming to be from Apple. Not having a case or claim with Apple I knew this is a fake email wanting me to sign into something so my ID and Password would be given out. Anyone get this kind of email?

User uploaded file

Review Your Case

Reference: A1900XD180 || ID: 1900X10D || SolutionID: 12A9FJAK94JF9AK

Your recent summary has a existing case (Case ID: 189FHF82G938) opened and until you solve it, your account will be terminated. We need additional information from you to solve this situation. Please go to the reference below to resolve this case. There, you will verify any information regarding this case that will help us figure out what is happening on your behalf.

Thank you

Solve Your Case Now.
1680 Starlight Peak, North Las Vegas, Nevada 89084, United States
You may unsubscribe or change your contact details at any time.

<Link Edited by Host>

Posted on Mar 15, 2017 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2017 10:10 AM

Yup, completely fake. The links take you to a very convincing yet fake website that purports to be Apple is not in reality.

You can send the email to Apple as a phishing attempt at: reportphishing@apple.com

http://www.apple.com/legal/more-resources/phishing/

Identify and report phishing emails and other suspicious messages - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2017 10:10 AM in response to Omaeieen

Yup, completely fake. The links take you to a very convincing yet fake website that purports to be Apple is not in reality.

You can send the email to Apple as a phishing attempt at: reportphishing@apple.com

http://www.apple.com/legal/more-resources/phishing/

Identify and report phishing emails and other suspicious messages - Apple Support

Fake email from apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.