You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the Printer Default Settings?

I am using an iMac (macOS Sierra, version 10.12.3), trying to print to a Toshiba 4540c.

My preset "default setting" are currently set to have a custom sized paper (8.76 x 11.34).User uploaded file

When I print with these settings, the document ends up printing sideways and half of my page gets cut off....basically, I have to go back to the computer and reprint, which with the printer being a good distance away from my office can be quite frustrating.

Most times, I remember to click on the Presets Dropdown menu and select the correct preset, but I would desperately like to change the actual default setting to 8.5x11. I have no idea how this came to be the default size, as I recently started in this position, and all of the setting are from the previous user of the computer.

I saw many people suggesting to go to the cups.org website and adjusting the settings that way, which I did, but nothing changed!

User uploaded file

I am so confused. I feel like there has to be an easier way to change the default settings. Does anyone know how to go about changing the preset default print settings?

Posted on Mar 15, 2017 11:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2017 7:02 AM

Hi,

I did click on the "Set Default Options." I asked a friend to come look at it and he discovered that all I had to do was reset and reinstall the printer driver in order to recognize the changes that I had made to the Default settings.

Thanks for your help!

4 replies

How do I change the Printer Default Settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.