Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Completely logged out of everything on my phone???

Not sure what happened today but I woke and my phone was working perfectly fine. Brushed my teeth, came back and then all of a sudden it was asking for me to re-input my email password for the mail app. I thought it was weird and then it asked me to do it for all my emails. Strange!

Then asked me to sign into iCloud. I Noticed I wasn't connected to my home wifi anymore so had to reconnect to that too.

Got in my car and had to pair my phone with the car Bluetooth again as it has lost that too. Same with my Bluetooth headphones.

Got to work and had to re-sign into the work wifi network.

Basically every single app on my phone has signed out.

Even my internet banking which had my device registered for ages and no problems, I then had to re-register my device with that too. It's as if every single thing on my phone was new but I have been using them fine for years?

This is a massive ballache having to sign into everything and trying to remember passwords and register devices again etc etc.

What the **** could have caused this and how do I stop it from happening again??

Posted on Mar 16, 2017 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2017 2:52 PM

I haven't seen a solution for this problem yet but there a few things you can check..

Are you on a beta iOS? I've seen that sometimes when your phone is on a beta operating systems it can cause that to happen.

Do you have lots of storage space?

I also found this which may help...You can turn off background refresh in Settings > General > Background App Refresh, and on a app-by-app basis. That could help mitigate feature loss for apps that aren't experiencing the issue.

http://http://www.imore.com/getting-logged-out-mailbox-snapchat-and-other-apps-r epeatedly-suspected-bug-ios-7-background-refresh

Hope you can figure it out!

20 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2017 2:52 PM in response to Boatingstv

I haven't seen a solution for this problem yet but there a few things you can check..

Are you on a beta iOS? I've seen that sometimes when your phone is on a beta operating systems it can cause that to happen.

Do you have lots of storage space?

I also found this which may help...You can turn off background refresh in Settings > General > Background App Refresh, and on a app-by-app basis. That could help mitigate feature loss for apps that aren't experiencing the issue.

http://http://www.imore.com/getting-logged-out-mailbox-snapchat-and-other-apps-r epeatedly-suspected-bug-ios-7-background-refresh

Hope you can figure it out!

Mar 16, 2017 5:45 PM in response to Boatingstv

Keychain is where the passwords are stored even without iCloud keychain enabled.

You can sync to iTunes & examine any device logs but I'm not sure what you need to look for. It also depends on your diagnostics settings…

Share diagnostics and usage information with Apple - Apple Support

When you sync to a Mac they get synced to the Diagnostics/ Crash reporter logs under your user account & can be viewed in Applications/Utilities/Console. Chances are they will be meaningless unless you are a developer.

Is the device otherwise OK? Failing hardware can cause data loss but I'd expect it to damage more than just the keychain.

Mar 16, 2017 2:52 PM in response to Boatingstv

Are you using iCloud keychain?

Frequently asked questions about iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

Have you reset or disabled that?

Disabling iCloud keychain would not cause it to remove the local passwords (in theory). I can only assume that the local keychian was totally deleted/ removed/ corrupted.

It does not sound like normal behaviour & you should consider backing up & possibly restoring the device. Ask for help at an Apple store if it happens again. Backup & restore may be one of the stores suggestions so you can do that step yourself.

Do you have other devices synced to iCloud? Devices can delete the passwords & cause other devices to sync those changes. Login to your Apple ID & iCloud account to confirm it all looks correct & you don't have any extra devices registered.

http://icloud.com/

http://appleid.apple.com/http://icloud.com/

Jan 3, 2018 1:27 PM in response to misterbelton

This happened to me in dec 2017 and again yesterday. My email is starting to again not retrieve my mail again so I'm thinking tonight I will have to be relogging everything again. The problem with yesterday is at first it wouldn't accept my pass codes for anything until I restarted 2 times and left it alone for 5 mins. At first I thought maybe I mistyped my passcode but not for my Apple ID, email and wifi. My phone also hasn't been updated since June because it won't go past the verifying stage

Mar 17, 2017 11:13 AM in response to Boatingstv

Sorry I don't know why it happened so I cannot suggest ways to stop it happening again. I just know that iOS & OS X use a 'keychain' to save username & password data securely.

Your best bet is to make regular backups to iTunes or iCloud. If it happens again you will need to restore from a backup.

About backups for iOS devices - Apple Support

Please read the notes on iTunes backups if you use them - the keychain is not saved by default, you need to use encrypted backups for that as explained on Apples support page.

You can also use a third party application to save passwords, 1Password, Dashlane and Lastpass seem to be popular ones in the app store. Search for password manager if you don't feel able to trust the built in iOS methods.

Jan 3, 2018 10:32 PM in response to Mcella410

Your device seems faulty or not setup correctly. Seek help at an Apple store unless you are able to use this site to resolve it.

I can't see an easy answer here (assuming you have investigated the sync settings) so I'd start with the simplest iOS troubleshooting step that an Apple store may get you to perform… backup the device, erase it then restore the backup. Retests after that.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201274

iTunes on a Mac or PC should allow you to install iOS updates if you cannot do it 'over the air'.

A store may also be able to test the device and inform you of any issues with it.

Mar 17, 2017 12:59 AM in response to Drew Reece

I didn't understand half of what you just said lol

The phone works perfectly fine and that's why it was weird that it did that yesterday. I just want to make sure it doesn't happen again. There are some thing that I don't remember the usernames/passwords too and having to contact a bunch of companies to get access again is very annoying and unnecessary if the phone just worked like it always has.

Dec 13, 2017 5:20 PM in response to misterbelton

misterbelton wrote:

I'm concerned about security now.

If you are concerned take it to an Apple store.

They can at least walk you through the settings on the device to see if something like iCloud keychain is in use, that has the potential to sync (e.g. delete/ edit) the password data. They may be able to explain anything that is not clear.

This is just a user help forum so nothing will be investigated if you only post here.

Jan 4, 2018 11:32 PM in response to Boatingstv

This happened to me yesterday. At the time my phone was showing as 0mb storage memory (not RAM). I think it must be because of this. It also reset my photos app which has been "restoring" ever since (without complete success). The photos are all mixed up chronologically despite having correct dates on them individually. I've deleted stuff to give it some storage back.... will see what happens. I too was concerned I'd been hacked or something, it's unnerving putting all your passwords back in for everything, including my banking app...

Jan 6, 2018 10:54 AM in response to misterbelton

This JUST happened to me tonight too. I took a nap when I woke up EVERY single app is logged out and asking me for login credentials which I have but since Authy is now magically logged Out as well I can’t regain access to SHT. I’m so annoyed apple is like completely useless to these days on any issues. You contact support and they make you go through like just textbook responses that you know are not the issue.

Mar 12, 2018 8:44 PM in response to Boatingstv

Same problem here. Logged out of Google and everything else. On top of that I cannot get into icloud and everything else either on the phone. It seems to not take or hold any passwords. No bluetooth and no wifi. So freakin annoying. It won't connect to iTunes to do a last physical back up of any videos/pics I took recently (so I cannot even airdrop them to any other devices and no email so can't do that either.) so now finally able to get the phone hooked up to the Surface (after many attempts & powering down) to manually download the pics. Apple support not helpful. Logged into icloud on the computer but doesn't show last backup date & time, only list the devices. So not helpful. Only see the restore contacts and the last date on that only.

Apr 27, 2018 2:35 AM in response to Boatingstv

Just had this issue today. Phone has been really slow the last few days. Restarted it twice in the last week. Today, just before I go to the gym, phone locked up. Get it restarted and I get asked to sign into apple id. imessage is disconnected and not working. Spotify premium deleted all my saved music and had to resign in. All google apps are signed out. Somehow weirdly signed into instagram still. authenticator deleted all accounts.

Resetting iphone from a backup from 10 days ago, hoping this helps.

Has anyone else opened any sketchy emails or noticed their phone being laggy recently at all?

I have an iPhone 6s

Completely logged out of everything on my phone???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.