Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ex girlfriend is getting my text on her iPad , how can i stop it

my ex had our messages going from my phone to her iPad , is there a way to stop my messages from going to her

Posted on Mar 16, 2017 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2017 4:59 PM

On your iPhone, go to settings, messages, text forwarding and disable her device. However, iOS continuity features only work when both devices are on the same wifi network. So if you are no longer together and on the same wifi, then she must be using your AppleID with her iMessage account. In that case, login to your AppleID at https://appleid.apple.com/ and change your password, and do not share it again with anyone.

Anyone who knows your AppleID password can access your iCloud email, your FaceTime calls, your iMessages, your purchases and personal itunes account information. You should never share your AppleID with anyone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2017 4:59 PM in response to brianlgray79

On your iPhone, go to settings, messages, text forwarding and disable her device. However, iOS continuity features only work when both devices are on the same wifi network. So if you are no longer together and on the same wifi, then she must be using your AppleID with her iMessage account. In that case, login to your AppleID at https://appleid.apple.com/ and change your password, and do not share it again with anyone.

Anyone who knows your AppleID password can access your iCloud email, your FaceTime calls, your iMessages, your purchases and personal itunes account information. You should never share your AppleID with anyone.

my ex girlfriend is getting my text on her iPad , how can i stop it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.