Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch not working after swimming

I set my series 2 watch to swim in activity and went into pool - 10 min in, noticed screen went all black. Took it off and dried with towel. It has not turned back on and I can't get anything to come on screen. I tried charging and it got really hot but still nothing on screen. How can I get it back?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 18, 2017 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2017 12:22 PM

Hi

First dry your Apple Watch, following the instructions here:

Having dried your Apple Watch, if there are no visible signs of water intrusion / damage, it may help to follow these steps:

• Try force restarting your watch:

Press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for around 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

• If that does not help, next charge your watch for around 2 hours, making sure that you follow the charging instructions here:
  • After that time, if it has not already restarted automatically, remove it from the charger and:
    • Try restarting it (by pressing and holding the side button until you see the Apple logo).
    • If necessary, next try force restarting it again.

If the issue persists - or if there are signs of water intrusion / damage - contact Apple Support, make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

Apple Watch Service Answer Center - Apple Support

More information:

If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2017 12:22 PM in response to 381kincardine

Hi

First dry your Apple Watch, following the instructions here:

Having dried your Apple Watch, if there are no visible signs of water intrusion / damage, it may help to follow these steps:

• Try force restarting your watch:

Press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for around 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

• If that does not help, next charge your watch for around 2 hours, making sure that you follow the charging instructions here:
  • After that time, if it has not already restarted automatically, remove it from the charger and:
    • Try restarting it (by pressing and holding the side button until you see the Apple logo).
    • If necessary, next try force restarting it again.

If the issue persists - or if there are signs of water intrusion / damage - contact Apple Support, make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

Apple Watch Service Answer Center - Apple Support

More information:

If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support

Apple Watch not working after swimming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.