Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Mute Button on Case

I know that it wont be possible with this version of the AirPods as once you take them out of the case they bluetooth antenna is removed from the case.

However, how cool would it be if when you're wearing them for a call you could use the button on the case to mute/unmute calls.

I spend a lot of time on the phone as part of my job and once my phone locks, if I need to toggle the mute function i need to unlock to phone and go to the active call to access "mute".

AIRPODS, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Mar 19, 2017 9:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2017 5:48 AM

While I've wished several times I had the option to mute/unmute directly from my AirPods, I recently figured out that if you double tap the call details from your lock screen (while on a call, obviously), it will quickly take you to the call controls, allowing you to mute/unmute faster.

Hope this helps a little!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2017 5:48 AM in response to tymknorman

While I've wished several times I had the option to mute/unmute directly from my AirPods, I recently figured out that if you double tap the call details from your lock screen (while on a call, obviously), it will quickly take you to the call controls, allowing you to mute/unmute faster.

Hope this helps a little!

AirPods Mute Button on Case

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.