Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

calendar search more than 1 year ahead

When I search my iphone calendar the search does not show any items more than a year ahead.

Also, if I try to create a new calendar entry for more than a year ahead it is accepted but then disappears.

I have my settings set to sync all

Is there any way around this?

Thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Mar 20, 2017 4:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2017 12:35 PM

Hello, martynlevett.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I understand you're unable to search future events past a year in calendar along with unable to create entries. I can help with this. To answer your first question, this is expected behaviour from the search results. The search only does 2 years, one in the past and one in the future.

The next issue seems like a sync issue. This also could depend on who you're using for your calendar service. If you're using iCloud as your default calendar, here's a great article to help:

Get help using iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders

If you're using a different email account for your calendar, I would turn off the calendar and turn it back on to sync it again. Before doing this, check to make sure the calendar events match with your email service calendar by logging in using a web browser. Go to Settings > Calendar > Accounts > (Pick your email calendar account). You'll see the option to turn off the calendar, then turn it back on.

Let ms know if this helps.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2017 12:35 PM in response to martynlevett

Hello, martynlevett.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I understand you're unable to search future events past a year in calendar along with unable to create entries. I can help with this. To answer your first question, this is expected behaviour from the search results. The search only does 2 years, one in the past and one in the future.

The next issue seems like a sync issue. This also could depend on who you're using for your calendar service. If you're using iCloud as your default calendar, here's a great article to help:

Get help using iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders

If you're using a different email account for your calendar, I would turn off the calendar and turn it back on to sync it again. Before doing this, check to make sure the calendar events match with your email service calendar by logging in using a web browser. Go to Settings > Calendar > Accounts > (Pick your email calendar account). You'll see the option to turn off the calendar, then turn it back on.

Let ms know if this helps.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

calendar search more than 1 year ahead

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.