Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screenshoting on iMac with windows pc keyboard? Help?

Hi, i am using a windows pc keyboard on my Mac. I am using windows keyboard is because my little sister broke my Mac keyboard by spilling Coca Cola on it. So, my question is : How do I screenshot my screen when using windows pc keyboard?? I am having a lot of problems because I need to screenshot for editing and homework projects, I tried doing *windows key+shift+4* But it just typed *4* in my searching bar.... I would be very happy if someone

can resolve this for me. Thanks!

iMac, null

Posted on Mar 20, 2017 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2017 9:06 AM

just tested it with Sierra and ms natural keyboard

held down left win key and left shift and 3 and it make a sound and put a screenshot not in the clipboard but on my desktop as a file called screenshot

win left shift 4 give me a cross so I can mark the rectangle I wish to be made into an image

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2017 9:06 AM in response to Parxtec

just tested it with Sierra and ms natural keyboard

held down left win key and left shift and 3 and it make a sound and put a screenshot not in the clipboard but on my desktop as a file called screenshot

win left shift 4 give me a cross so I can mark the rectangle I wish to be made into an image

Screenshoting on iMac with windows pc keyboard? Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.