Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get rid of Trojan viruses?

So I was browsing an adult site, and I got 1 urgent notification message page. I clicked the page and the message said my phone was infected with 6 Trojan viruses. (45.4%) I'm not going to visit those sites no more that's 4 sure. But also, the message said to click ok to get an application that would help me. The application is called vpr proxy Betternet. So my question is, should I add this application? Will it really protect me against people who could get my personal info on Facebook and WhatsApp etc? Hope to hear an answer from someone.

Posted on Mar 21, 2017 6:28 PM

16 replies

Mar 21, 2017 7:01 PM in response to Elflaco91

No, I did not say to delete anything, because there is nothing to delete. Please understand there are thousands of these bogus messages popping up on devices ever day. Every single one of them will always be a scam There is no virus, there is no threat. The scammers want you to download a bogus App, or want you to got a bogus web site where you would divulge personal or financial info. Don't fall for their scam.

How do I get rid of Trojan viruses?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.