Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Artists with same name

I was just wondering if there is any way to separate artists that have the same in Apple Music.

I recently uploaded an EP to Apple music and found my music listed under the same artist profile page as a band with the same name (Street Rat)

I'm just hoping to avoid any confusion in the future when someone tries to check out "more music by this artist" and it's not me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Mar 21, 2017 7:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 9:56 PM

I sort of have this same question. I have a few artists that are a part of my Apple Music library that have a common name, and its becoming difficult to keep up with any new albums because their albums are combined with another artist with the same name, but of a different genre.

For example, one of the artists I follow in my Apple Music library is Saxophonist Paul Taylor.All of the songs that were initally in my library were matched correctly, but when I go to Apple Music to find other albums, his work is drowned out by another Paul Taylor, who seems to be a spoken word artist, who never releases full albums, but singles. So while the page for Paul Taylor has the picture and bio of the saxophonist, you don’t find any of his work until you scroll through close to 200 other albums by the spoken word guy.

Is there any way to report this or help to fix it?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2017 9:56 PM in response to Street_Rat

I sort of have this same question. I have a few artists that are a part of my Apple Music library that have a common name, and its becoming difficult to keep up with any new albums because their albums are combined with another artist with the same name, but of a different genre.

For example, one of the artists I follow in my Apple Music library is Saxophonist Paul Taylor.All of the songs that were initally in my library were matched correctly, but when I go to Apple Music to find other albums, his work is drowned out by another Paul Taylor, who seems to be a spoken word artist, who never releases full albums, but singles. So while the page for Paul Taylor has the picture and bio of the saxophonist, you don’t find any of his work until you scroll through close to 200 other albums by the spoken word guy.

Is there any way to report this or help to fix it?

Mar 22, 2017 7:36 AM in response to Street_Rat

Hi - I assume this is an album you own and is not available in Apple Music so the album will upload to your iCloud Music Library. If that's the case, no one else will see the music tracks you upload except you. For your own library, you can change the Artist name for that particular EP using the Get Info. Just click on the album and choose Edit-Get Info from the iTunes menu bar. You'll see fields for Artist, Album, etc. that you can adjust. In addition, there's a tab for Sorting as well. That will let you place it accordingly in your library.

Hope that helps.

Artists with same name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.