Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to re-enable Passcode entry

My iwatch reads "Wrong Passcode. Open the Apple iwatch app on your iphone, go to Passcode, then tap Re-Enable Passcode Entry to try again."

When I follow these steps, nothing changes. It is noteworthy that the "Re-Enable Passcode Entry" option on the Passcode menu is orange. All other options in the Passcode menu are greyed out.

Also, I know that my phone and watch are synced. I tested this by sending a few Faces from the Face Gallery from my phone. They updated appropriately on the iwatch face.

Apple Watch Series 2, watchOS 3.1.2

Posted on Mar 22, 2017 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2017 8:02 AM

Hi

Follow these steps to erase your locked watch and re-pair it with your iPhone:

• Connect your watch to its charging cable, with power connected.
  • Press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider.
  • Press firmly on the display (do not try to slide the Power Off slider - just press down more firmly than a normal tap) and then tap on Erase all content and settings.
  • Re-pair your watch using the Watch app on your iPhone, choosing to Restore from Backup if offered the option.

More information:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you forgot the passcode for your Apple Watch - Apple Support

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2017 8:02 AM in response to joshlips

Hi

Follow these steps to erase your locked watch and re-pair it with your iPhone:

• Connect your watch to its charging cable, with power connected.
  • Press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider.
  • Press firmly on the display (do not try to slide the Power Off slider - just press down more firmly than a normal tap) and then tap on Erase all content and settings.
  • Re-pair your watch using the Watch app on your iPhone, choosing to Restore from Backup if offered the option.

More information:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you forgot the passcode for your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Jul 23, 2017 3:01 PM in response to Photonixx

Photonixx wrote:

Apple asks you to reset the watch and considers your issue solved. I strongly disagree. This is a defect. My sleeve entered passcodes, so nothing is forgotten. If the watch's interface is bad, and you allow sleeves to lock a watch, the solution is to let the owner enter tbe password, or reenable the password, not to force erasure and loss of data. Don't punish the user for a buggy interface.

If you would like to send feedback to Apple, then you can do so here:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/watch.html

(You are not talking to Apple here - this is a user-based technical support community).

Jul 23, 2017 11:53 AM in response to joshlips

Apple asks you to reset the watch and considers your issue solved. I strongly disagree. This is a defect. My sleeve entered passcodes, so nothing is forgotten. If the watch's interface is bad, and you allow sleeves to lock a watch, the solution is to let the owner enter tbe password, or reenable the password, not to force erasure and loss of data. Don't punish the user for a buggy interface.

Jul 29, 2017 6:48 PM in response to Photonixx

I agree completely. Sometimes I need to put my watch into my pocket for a bit to protect it. This is the second time this has happened, and having to restore the Watch is NOT an acceptable solution, ESPECIALLY when there is already a way to re-enable the passcode entry from the app and it simply DOESN'T WORK. At this point I'm about ready to turn off the passcode completely; I just hope my watch isn't stolen or lost!

Unable to re-enable Passcode entry

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.