Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home sharing error 5507, how to solve error?

I was having trouble connecting home sharing with the apple tv for weeks! Completely fed up! Everything was authorised, logged into the same apple ID, and on the same network (Wifi), yet I wasn't able to see my library on the tv. The apple tv was logging in with the apple ID but when I went to turn on home sharing on the computer I would get the error message "home sharing error 5507." So I decided to check my apple account. I opened safari and went to appleid.apple.com and logged into my account. Scroll down to the security section and check if the two-factor authorication is on. If so, turn it off. Once you finish the steps to turn the two-factor authentication off. Try turning home sharing on, with all your devices. You might have to restart your devices. Very important to make sure that all the devices are authorised and on the same Wifi network. Hope this helps!

Apple TV, Apple TV, homes sharing, error 5507

Posted on Mar 22, 2017 4:38 PM

2 replies

Mar 22, 2017 4:42 PM in response to PRbaseballwin

check my apple account. I opened safari and went to appleid.apple.com and logged into my account. Scroll down to the security section and check if the two-factor authorication is on. If so, turn it off. Once you finish the steps to turn the two-factor authentication off. Try turning home sharing on, with all your devices. You might have to restart your devices. Very important to make sure that all the devices are authorised and on the same Wifi network. Hope this helps!

Home sharing error 5507, how to solve error?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.