Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari cookies enabled but not working?

I've had issues on a few sites recently (I switched to a new laptop a couple months ago and never had issues on my old laptop/Safari) with cookies not working.

I've been getting this error message:

Please note that you are currently in private browsing mode or your cookies have been disabled, in order to earn miles with the Aeroplan eStore, your web browser must accept cookies.

I've doubled checked and my cookies ARE enabled in Safari and I've played around with every preference I can thinking of (allowing pop-ups, disabling malware protection, ad-block, etc). Nothing will get it to work.

Tried Chrome - no problem (so it's not an issue with my laptop settings, but rather Safari).

Any suggestions?

Between this and the loading sites into the wrong tab issue I really just need to make the switch to a browser that works. Ugh. :/

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 22, 2017 6:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2017 9:21 AM

You are getting an error message :

Please note that you are currently in private browsing mode or your cookies have been disabled, in order to earn miles with the Aeroplan eStore, your web browser must accept cookies.

You are in private browsing mode so open safari > general > if you have set permanently set safari opens with > new private window switch over to a new window .By doing so the web browser will change from private browsing to normal browsing .

User uploaded file

Note : To run some websites cookies must be enabled that is normal browsing ( example social media sites ) .

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2017 9:21 AM in response to simpility

You are getting an error message :

You are in private browsing mode so open safari > general > if you have set permanently set safari opens with > new private window switch over to a new window .By doing so the web browser will change from private browsing to normal browsing .

User uploaded file

Note : To run some websites cookies must be enabled that is normal browsing ( example social media sites ) .

Mar 22, 2017 6:33 PM in response to simpility

Hi,

Might be a cookies or history (cache) glitch ...

Go to your Safari menu bar, click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab then click: Manage Website Data. It may take a minute or two for cookies to populate then click Remove All.

Then go to your Safari menu bar again, click History > Clear History

Quit then relaunch Safari to test.

Safari cookies enabled but not working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.