📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i fix this problem : Apple Mobile Device service could not be started because an unknown error occurred (1053)

how can i fix this problem : Apple Mobile Device service could not be started because an unknown error occurred (1053)

Posted on Mar 24, 2017 9:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2017 2:39 PM

Amazing indeed. 😕

The User Tip by tt2 has W7 screenshots, the one I provided has W10 SSs, otherwise similar.

The OP needs to completely remove all the iTunes components and then reinstall iTunes. This could easily take 30-60 minutes, maybe more.

GamerAboud try again.

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later - Apple Support

13 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 24, 2017 2:39 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Amazing indeed. 😕

The User Tip by tt2 has W7 screenshots, the one I provided has W10 SSs, otherwise similar.

The OP needs to completely remove all the iTunes components and then reinstall iTunes. This could easily take 30-60 minutes, maybe more.

GamerAboud try again.

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later - Apple Support

Mar 24, 2017 2:19 PM in response to TheGamerAboud

TheGamerAboud wrote:

still didnt work, the problem is with itunes !!!

The Apple Mobile Device Service comes from iTunes. You probably need to remove iTunes and reinstall. See this ASC User tip about iTunes and Windows. There is also a section on installing missing components, which can help to reinstall the AMDS. But I would first start with the instructions on how to completely remove iTunes and reinstall. Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates

Mar 24, 2017 2:34 PM in response to TheGamerAboud

In this short a period of time you have completely removed iTunes and reinstalled it, doing it in the method indicated in the support document provided by Apple? That is amazing it could have been done that quick. This has information on how to replace the phone driver. iOS device not showing in iTunes for Windows This document differs from the original one that elcpu provided earlier.

You can also take a look at this discussion earlier that has input from turingtest2 who wrote the ASC tips earlier.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.