Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 2016 Black Line on Screen

I have the late 2016 Macbook Pro 15 inch, and when I went to close the lid my headphone jack was caught inside and cracked the lower black part of the screen. This caused a black line to appear vertically across my display, which is rather annoying. Does anyone know an estimated cost of repair for the screen of the late 2016 Macbook Pros 15in, and are third party services just as fine as apple if they're certified? Any range just to give me an idea would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Mar 24, 2017 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2017 7:25 PM

You should be able to get a free quote either from Apple or an AASP. The repair is likely to be to replace the display, and you might be able to get a quote for that over the phone. We are just fellow users here and the only chance of getting an idea from us of what this will cost would be if someone had recently had it done.

If you are considering a third party repair, be sure they are an AASP.

Good luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2017 7:25 PM in response to daggry

You should be able to get a free quote either from Apple or an AASP. The repair is likely to be to replace the display, and you might be able to get a quote for that over the phone. We are just fellow users here and the only chance of getting an idea from us of what this will cost would be if someone had recently had it done.

If you are considering a third party repair, be sure they are an AASP.

Good luck!

Macbook Pro 2016 Black Line on Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.