Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to connect to the internet on apple watch after reset?

I have an Apple Watch series 2 given to me by my sister to try out. I was trying to sync it to my phone and ended up resetting it (erasing). When I went to sync to my phone, it said activation lock was on. I asked my sister to log into iCloud and erase it/remove the activation lock and she did. She said it told her it would be effective once the Watch connects to the internet. Problem is I can't seem to connect to wifi with the erased Watch. The only option I have is to sync and that results in the request for the original Apple account login (it says activation lock is still on). How can I connect the Watch to the internet so the activation lock removal takes effect?

Posted on Mar 26, 2017 7:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2017 9:22 AM

Hi

If your sister has not yet done so, it may help if she unpairs the watch via the Watch app on her iPhone (even though the watch is not available).

On her iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > tap on the name of the watch (at the top) > tap on the "i" icon next to the watch: if the button is available, tap on Unpair Apple Watch.

It may also help if you, as the new owner, try these steps:

If the watch remains locked, ask your sister, as the previous owner, to accompany you and the watch to a Genius Bar appointment, taking along her original proof of purchase for the watch or ask her to contact Apple Support and seek assistance with removing Activation Lock:

More information:

Update the software on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2017 9:22 AM in response to Marla9430

Hi

If your sister has not yet done so, it may help if she unpairs the watch via the Watch app on her iPhone (even though the watch is not available).

On her iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > tap on the name of the watch (at the top) > tap on the "i" icon next to the watch: if the button is available, tap on Unpair Apple Watch.

It may also help if you, as the new owner, try these steps:

If the watch remains locked, ask your sister, as the previous owner, to accompany you and the watch to a Genius Bar appointment, taking along her original proof of purchase for the watch or ask her to contact Apple Support and seek assistance with removing Activation Lock:

More information:

Update the software on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

how to connect to the internet on apple watch after reset?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.