Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Convert m4p Downloaded Apple Music to mp3?

Good Day.

I have Downloaded some Songs,from Apple Music.in M4P Format.How Would,I Convert this,to a MP3 Format,Please?

Many Thanks

deidrefrompietermaritzburg

iPhone 5s, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Mar 26, 2017 10:09 PM

5 replies

Mar 29, 2017 7:05 PM in response to deidrefrompietermaritzburg

I Thought,Apple.Removed this DRM Protection?From About 2009?

That's only for iTunes tracks that you purchase in the iTunes store.

Apple Music tracks have always been DRM protected. That is why it is unlimited usage for a flat fee per month.

You do not have the legal right to convert Apple Music tracks regardless of how you feel about that.

Feedback for Apple goes here >>> http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Apple does not profit from your costs to download. If you pay to subscribe to Apple Music, you can store your music in the cloud for streaming to your devices. That requires ongoing data costs.

Mar 28, 2017 10:28 PM in response to RJG1999

I Realise That.When I Purchase from ITunes.It is an MP3 Format.

I Thought,Apple.Removed this DRM Protection?From About 2009?

Yes.I am Running a Free Trial up until the 5th Month.But For me,to Extract my Music from the Cloud.It Cost me DATA.For Me too Download,Apple Music,again!It Cost me Data.After my Free Trial has Expired.I will pay a Subscription Fee.

If I Upload these Files,to the CLoud.Delete them from my Library,and Re-Download,in a MP3 Format,will this not Work?

Convert m4p Downloaded Apple Music to mp3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.