Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Darwin/BSD console shows upon login

Hi everyone,

I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013) and I have been encountering this screen every time I login to my laptop:

User uploaded file

Actually, it's working fine. I can login, do the stuff I usually do, no slowdowns. It's just that it's annoying to see this every time I login. I'm not sure exactly when this started but if I can remember correctly, it was the time I tried upgrading to macOS Sierra but then paused it.

Here's what I tried so far:

- I tried to upgrade to Sierra (it's now my current version 10.12.3). Nothing changed.

- Tried verbose and single user mode: Displays a whole lot more text but I can't understand most of them.

I don't know what to check anymore.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12.3)

Posted on Mar 27, 2017 5:06 AM

4 replies

Mar 27, 2017 6:29 AM in response to acelouie

You see that, when you start in the so called "Single User" mode: started while holding the CMD+S keys. You can specify to start this mode in verbose or shortened mode. Compare Dos in Windows.

If it starts in SingleMode without holding keys, there is something wrong:

I suggest:

- SMC reset: Reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

- NVRAM reset: How to reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

- then start while holding the Shift key: this starts the SafeMode, when started login, then restart normally.

Now this "issue" is gone probably.

Darwin/BSD console shows upon login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.