Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External Monitor Flickering (monitor is fine)

Hi.

I've got a Samsung monitor connected to my MacBook Pro. It's been fine since I first connected it 6 months ago.

Recently however....

- when I start up my computer in the morning, it flickers after a few moments and then the screen goes black.

- if I disconnect it and reconnect, the same thing happens.

- i repeat this process for about 2 minutes and finally it "sticks" and I can use it.

Troubleshooting:

- I've ruled out the adapters and cords.

- I tried both ports.

- I even ruled out the monitor. I connected another monitor to my MacBook and have the same problem. Both monitors work fine on my other mac.

- I ran the latest OS update.

Any takers? 🙂

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Mar 27, 2017 12:21 PM

1 reply

Mar 28, 2017 5:32 PM in response to futureperfect

Hi futureperfect ,

I understand that recently, your external displays are flickering and not immediately being recognized by your MacBook Pro. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

It looks like you've done some great troubleshooting for this issue already. I would recommend also going through the steps in the following article:

Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

External Monitor Flickering (monitor is fine)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.