Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 7, bluetooth not working

Hi all,

I just got a brand new iphone 7, but when I turn on the bluetooth, it makes the circle swirling thing like it's searching for devices, but it never picks up anything. It's not picking up my headset or laptop.

😟 Anything I should try before I try to return this?

GarageBand '08, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 27, 2017 9:42 PM

8 replies

Mar 27, 2017 9:49 PM in response to estyzesty

Regarding picking up your headset, cycle power on the headset when you are trying to do the pairing to the iPhone. More details here:

Get help connecting a Bluetooth accessory with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regarding pairing a computer, that is very likely impossible. What are you trying to do? There is very likely another way to do it.

Mar 27, 2017 10:08 PM in response to sberman

Err.. my Macbook Air picks up my iphone 5, so shouldn't it be able to pick up my iphone 7 via bluetooth too?

My iphone 5 also picks up my headset. My iphone 7 shows a swirling button searching..searching..searching.......

...still searching... it sees nothing. It seems I am neither discoverable nor can I discover! O_O

I may just have to exchange the phone?

I seem to fall under Apple Support:

"

You can’t connect any Bluetooth accessories with your device."

Bluetooth headset is on high battery.

Just want to confirm this is an odd happening.

Mar 27, 2017 10:44 PM in response to estyzesty

do an iCloud backup

restore the device via iTunes

set it up as new, without restoring any backup on it

try to pair it with bluetooth devices.

if it works it was the software. (Erase all content & data then restore from iCloud backup)

if it still doesn't work either service it or if within 14 day period seek a refund from wherever you purchased it.

Mar 27, 2017 10:51 PM in response to estyzesty

estyzesty wrote:

Err.. my Macbook Air picks up my iphone 5, so shouldn't it be able to pick up my iphone 7 via bluetooth too?

Nope!

Your iPhone can communicate to Macs using AirDrop and/or Continuity/Handoff, which relies on Bluetooth (as well as Wi-Fi) for connection. But straight Bluetooth communication between a Mac and an iOS device has never been supported.

iphone 7, bluetooth not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.