Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you connect an IPad Pro to a monitor

Can you connect an IPad Pro to a monitor, I was thinking about purchasing I pad Pro just not sure if it is possible.

<Re-Titled by Host>

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 10.2

Posted on Mar 28, 2017 7:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2017 10:44 AM

You can.

Either with the lightning digital AV adapter, or using an Apple TV.

Note that the monitor in question will need to have an HDMI port, and that while you will see the screen on the monitor, you'll still need to perform all actions on the iPad's screen.

About Apple Digital AV Adapters for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2017 10:44 AM in response to Troll36

You can.

Either with the lightning digital AV adapter, or using an Apple TV.

Note that the monitor in question will need to have an HDMI port, and that while you will see the screen on the monitor, you'll still need to perform all actions on the iPad's screen.

About Apple Digital AV Adapters for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Dec 5, 2017 8:17 AM in response to KrtschSmrf

KrtschSmrf wrote:

HI Phil,

You mention that you are definitely able to hook up the IPad Pro to a monitor using an adaptor, but that you will still have to use the screen to perform all actions. Is that even if you purchase the additional keyboard?

The Keyboard works for text entry when required only. But navigation around the iPad's interface still requires touching the screen. In other words, to open Apps, move around the apps, etc...

There is no support for a mouse on an iPad at all as their is no mouse cursor to control. If what you want is to use the iPad as full computer with keyboard and mouse, then that will not be possible.

If you need the mobility of an iPad, but the functionality of a computer, I suggest going for a MacBook instead. It's light enough to be taken anywhere like an iPad, but can be used with a mouse and keyboard normally. Both of which come built into it.

MacBook - Technical Specifications - Apple

Dec 4, 2017 3:48 PM in response to Phil0124

HI Phil,

You mention that you are definitely able to hook up the IPad Pro to a monitor using an adaptor, but that you will still have to use the screen to perform all actions. Is that even if you purchase the additional keyboard? Do you know if there is a product that can be purchased that will enable you to use a keyboard and mouse along with the Pro while viewing on a monitor screen?

I am asking because I really want a Pro because I don't like to be tied to a desk, but when I am I would like to be able to hook it up to my monitor and work off of that using a wireless bluetooth keyboard mouse set.

Your help is appreciated.

Dec 4, 2017 6:52 PM in response to KrtschSmrf

Is that even if you purchase the additional keyboard?

You need to touch the ipad screen when you need too.

You could put a blue tooth keyboard in front of the screen. You can type away just as long as the blue tooth keyboard can reach the ipad.

mouse along with the Pro while viewing on a monitor screen?

The ipad doesn't support a mouse. With the exception, there is limited support by passthru apps the let you mouse within a windows/mac machine.

R

Can you connect an IPad Pro to a monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.