Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 10.3 all audio phone call not routed to bluetooth in BMW

With iOS 10.3 a bluetooth issue is present where the audio of phone calls is not routed to the bluetooth BMW Car.

When setting up a call from the bluetooth device iPhone shows that audio is routed to the iPhone itself in stead of bluetooth device. Microphone and speaker of iPhone are used. Audio of phone calls is routed to bluetooth device only if manually switched from iPhone to bluetooth device on iPhone.

Issue: Music audio is routed correctly but audio of phone calls has to be switched always manually to the bluetooth device in a 2016 BMW 3 series. I have raised a ticket with Apple.

Posted on Mar 28, 2017 11:56 PM

4 replies

Apr 4, 2017 6:10 AM in response to Spiney13

I have the same issue. I have also noticed that the calls get routed to the iphone audio when the call is initiated by initiating the call from the car (ie steering wheel controls, preprogrammed center console buttons). When I use the phone to dial the number it usually routes thru the Bluetooth speaker. This is very frustrating.

Apr 4, 2017 8:56 AM in response to MacUserAE

More fault lies with the car manufacturer in this case. Apple releases beta versions of their new iOS for manufacturers to test and make sure their product is ready for the new release. Unfortunately with car manufacturers, the audio portion of the car is probably the lowest on their list of priorities. Unless this happens with a significant number of 10.3 users, Apple probably won't do anything and will just tell you to let BMW know that they need to update their firmware.

IOS 10.3 all audio phone call not routed to bluetooth in BMW

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.