Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay 10.3 Appradio 4 Problems

Updated to 10.3 on an iPhone 7 and now CarPlay is not usable. The Appradio 4, if I can get it to connect, constantly drops the connection when switching between apps, and when it reconnects, there is no sound. Siri is hit or miss too. A reboot of the phone will reconnect but then drops again quickly sending the headhunt into a frenzy.

I have deleted bluetooth connection from both phone and headunit and reconnected. Reset the network settings. Deleted and reset vehicle from CarPlay. Did a complete restore but from an iCloud backup. Nothing has worked.

Assuming this is something that needs to be addressed by Pioneer with a firmware update or a complete restore with the phone and setting it up as new (which I dread).

Anyone else having these issues or found a fix?

iPhone 7, iOS 10.3

Posted on Mar 29, 2017 8:18 AM

3 replies

Mar 30, 2017 6:15 AM in response to Slubgub

Greetings Slubgub,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

I see that CarPlay isn't working after updating to iOS 10.3. I definitely want to make sure that you are able to use CarPlay with your iPhone 7.

You are correct about looking into a firmware update. It's always a good idea to check for manufacturer updates if you have any issues after an iOS update in installed on your iPhone. Please try the steps in article: Set up CarPlay with your iPhone , specifically:

Get help

If CarPlay doesn't work like you expect, here’s what you can check. After each step, try using CarPlay again.

1. Make sure that Siri is turned on.
  2. Restart your iPhone and your car. Depending on your car, you might see the CarPlay Home screen when you turn it on. If you don't, look for the CarPlay logo on your car’s display.
  3. If possible, connect your iPhone to a different USB port in your car.
  4. Try a different Lightning to USB cable. Make sure that the cable is certified.
  5. Update to the latest version of iOS.
  6. Check your car’s manual for help. You might need to install firmware updates for your stereo.

Learn more about CarPlay and driving and navigating safely.

You can skip the steps that you've already tried. Let me know if you have any questions.
All the best.

Mar 30, 2017 6:27 AM in response to raina_b22

Everything was working in 10.2. Have tried all of the above and using an Apple lightning cable. I have narrowed it down to changes in bluetooth. While I have turned bluetooth off and back on, deleted all pairing connections and reset, restarted the phone, and completed a restore and went through the pain of setting up as a new phone, it still disconnects within 5 minutes, and Siri just wreaks havoc on the headunit.

No updates available for the firmware of the headunit. But if I turn bluetooth off completely, works as advertised. Considering downgrading to 10.2, but the new features in CarPlay are a huge improvement, if only they worked properly.

This tells me something on apples end where again updates made and completely mucks up bluetooth.

May 23, 2017 4:30 PM in response to Slubgub

My issue has been going on for a couple of months, pioneer avh-4000nex. I sent the radio for repair and was told it is an apple issue. I can receive and make calls but I cannot hear the caller and the called cannot hear me. If I disconnect and go to bluetooth or appradio everything works fine (I do like using WAZE). I don't like using appradio as much as CarPlay but I guess until apple figures this out I have a very expensive bluetooth radio.

I tried using an iPhone 7, another iPhone 7 and iPhone, 6s plus, and a 5s. All had the most recent updates, including todays and none worked.

I can use maps and music fine, just no calls and no SIRI.

CarPlay 10.3 Appradio 4 Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.