Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

EMEA lock!

hello.

I just arrived in Australia and found that my iphone 6 is EMEA locked.

any idea how to unlock it ?

i sent an email to the company where i bought in belgium and they just said " we don't block iphones " so they can't help me.

anyone ?

thanks

Posted on Mar 29, 2017 8:16 AM

1 reply

May 2, 2017 11:28 AM in response to X_ch

hey,

I have the exact same problem here in the US. I bought my unlocked iPhone in Germany. My phone has never been locked to any carrier either. I have spent several hours with Apple support and in Apple stores. Let me keep it short:

In Europe, some iPhones are EMEA locked by default from factory. Apple blocks your phones, but cannot unblock it. Apple Support has been LESS than helpful. No one seems to care about this problem and no one at Apple knows this is actually happening. Apparently that is what you buy into when buying an iPhone...

Let me know if you figured something out

EMEA lock!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.