Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received a text this morning from AppleUK saying "your apple id has been locked for security reasons. Unlock your Apple id at" then a second text which was a link to an apple site. tje link in the text said bit.do. Is this a scam pleaee ?

User uploaded file

Posted on Mar 29, 2017 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2017 12:24 PM

It is indeed a scam. If your Apple ID was locked, you will get an email from Apple, not a text. Report the phishing text here.

To report spam or other suspicious messages that you receive through iMessage, please send them to imessage.spam@apple.com.

Identify and report phishing emails and other suspicious messages - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2017 12:24 PM in response to Balloonmoon

It is indeed a scam. If your Apple ID was locked, you will get an email from Apple, not a text. Report the phishing text here.

To report spam or other suspicious messages that you receive through iMessage, please send them to imessage.spam@apple.com.

Identify and report phishing emails and other suspicious messages - Apple Support

Mar 29, 2017 9:48 AM in response to Balloonmoon

Balloonmoon wrote:

Unfortunately I didn't ignore it. I'd just updated 2 nights previous to 10.3 and I thought it was relates to that. I put in my username and password. Soon after (about 2 minutes)I did it I realised it could be a scam so I changed my password and logged out. Do I need to do anything else do you think?

Just be sure you signed in to the real Apple website to change your password. If you want to take extra precaution, call your credit card company and ask them to replace it (the credit card you use at Apple online store).

I received a text this morning from AppleUK saying "your apple id has been locked for security reasons. Unlock your Apple id at" then a second text which was a link to an apple site. tje link in the text said bit.do. Is this a scam pleaee ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.