Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot my Time Capsule Password

I just had my hard replaced on my 2007 iMac. I want to restore my data but I have forgotten the password for my TimeCapsule, is there any way I can still restore it?

Posted on Mar 29, 2017 2:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2017 2:34 PM

How do I get in to change the password on my airport without the password

This works easily and you can find the info from a computer or iOS device using the airport utility for iOS.

It does depend which password you are talking about.. all the passwords on the TC show up. Of course if you encrypted the backup and forget the password it is dead meat.

No reset of the TC will delete the backup.. so if you really need to .. you can do a hard reset or even factory reset of the TC and start over.. no files are lost doing it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2017 2:34 PM in response to Crosseyed12

How do I get in to change the password on my airport without the password

This works easily and you can find the info from a computer or iOS device using the airport utility for iOS.

It does depend which password you are talking about.. all the passwords on the TC show up. Of course if you encrypted the backup and forget the password it is dead meat.

No reset of the TC will delete the backup.. so if you really need to .. you can do a hard reset or even factory reset of the TC and start over.. no files are lost doing it.

Mar 30, 2017 7:24 AM in response to Crosseyed12

If You Forget Your AirPort Time Capsule or Network Password

If you forget your AirPort Time Capsule or network password, you can reset it.

To reset your password:
Use something pointed (such as a ballpoint pen) to press and hold the reset button for

one second.

Important: If you press the reset button for more than one second, you may lose your network settings.

1. 2 Select your AirPort network.

Â On a Mac, use the Wi-Fi status menu in the menu bar to select the network created by your AirPort Time Capsule (the network name doesn’t change).

Â On an iOS device, choose the network in Wi-Fi Settings.

2. 3 Open AirPort Utility.

If AirPort Utility isn’t installed on your computer, you can download it from support.apple.com/downloads/#airport. If AirPort Utility isn’t installed on your iOS device, you can install it from the App Store.

3. 4 Select your AirPort Time Capsule and click Edit.
  4. 5 Click Base Station and enter a new password for your AirPort Time Capsule.
  5. 6 Click Wireless and choose an encryption method from the Wireless Security pop-up menu. Then enter a new password for your AirPort network.
  6. 7 Click Update to restart your AirPort Time Capsule and load the new settings.

Forgot my Time Capsule Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.