Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 7 matte black paint chipping off automatically

Hi iam using iphone 7 black matte but recently the paint started to chipped off from my phone automatically near the speakers and the volume button the inner part is clearly visible. I spoke to customer service but they refused me to say the solution and the another person promised me to get replacement and his name is paras from bangalore. Actually the think is only the black matte version is having the problem and that to every one is facing near the speakers and the volume buttons i spend nearley a lakhs in to this device. I cent percent sure this a manufacturing defect because other version is not having this kind of issues. Even china phones have better materials. dont buy black matte version because it is made up with cheap materials and even apple is also not responding to their customers. Pls do the needfull

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Mar 30, 2017 4:36 AM

1 reply

Mar 30, 2017 8:47 AM in response to Thasleer

This has been a known issue for a while now. Unfortunately, Apple's official stance is that this is cosmetic damage and not covered under the warranty. Some users have stated that they used a black Sharpie to color in the chipped areas. Some have sold their matte black iPhones so they could purchase a different color. Others have put it in a case that covers the chipped areas.

My iphone 7 matte black paint chipping off automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.